I’m coming to the realization when you’re a family with a small fridge you cannot be all these platonic ideals at the same time:
- The buy in bulk Costco family
- The big weekly shopping trip family
- The cook/order extra and eat leftovers family
- The cook extra and freeze it family
- The meal prep family
- The freezer full of frozen smoothie ingredients family
- The buy one-off condiments, sauces, or pickles family
- The keep fresh fruits and veggies on hand family
- The make my kids lunches family
At best you can be one of these or buy a garage fridge. People with two fridges seem content. Some industrious folks keep a whole deer or half a cow in there. I’m not going that overboard, I need a home for a bag of chicken nuggies, tamales from Arizona, and some ice cream.
Interesting predicament, small fridges. Instagram Reel-esque lifehacks could save my family some real money, reduce waste, and make food choices more healthy or interesting. I don’t want an extra fridge humming in the garage getting slimy, but I also don’t want to go to the store every other day. Good grief, Charlie Brown.